In August of 2015, a week long archaeological excavation was conducted by PARP as part of the Pilgrim John Howland Society’s annual reunion. This dig gave archaeologists and descendants a chance to investigate the south yard of John and Elizabeth Howland’s homelot to search for traces of how the lot was used after 1672. Rough probing, a little surficial cleaning, and a bit of digging through the Howland archives revealed that some type of building appeared to have been located in this area and that it was recorded as being visible as late as 1937 when the property was surveyed. Excavation identified a 28′ x 15′ outbuilding for the original farm.
Read the report here